Grilled octopus with green olive slaw
Try this delicious dish with our special Gordal olives. An original and tasty dish that will surprise everyone.
• 6/8 octopus, braised and gelatinous skin cleaned
• 1 bunch of parlsey, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup of queen olives, pitted and finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced or grated on a microplane
• 1 teaspoon of cumin seed, toasted & ground
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Salt to taste
• Fresh lemon wedges or lemon juice
• Hot paprika for finishing
In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped parsley, olives, garlic and cumin with enough olive oil to thoroughly coat everything and create a thick sauce consistency. If it’s too thick, like a paste, just whisk in a little bit more extra virgin olive oil. Until you achieve the right consistency.
Taste before adding any salt, because it may not need it depending on how briny your olives are.
Grill the octopus on the plancha (or grill, if you prefer), and plate. Squeeze lemon over the octopus before draping with the salsa verde. Dust with a touch of paprika if you like and it’s ready to eat.